Monday, June 27, 2005

Tuesday, Bloody Thursday

Last Tuesday Rockstar and I went for a walk around our neighborhood. We were trying to find a parking lot that would let us rent a space for the month of July. Rockstar is taking a trip to Chicago from July 2-12 and I am going to a family wedding and visit my parents from July 14-24. Usually when we leave town, the other one takes care of the other’s car but since this is a much longer period of time that we would be gone, we decided to rent a space.

We walked all around the neighborhood and must have checked out at least 8 different lots around us. All of them did not offer monthly renting of spaces. Bummed out, we began to walk home. A low hanging tree branch caught my attention and acting like a child I reached out and smacked it with my left hand.

I immediately cried out in pain, Rockstar shouted too and ducked holding his right ear. I looked and the pointer finger of my left hand was gushing blood. I am not exaggerating either, my finger was covered in blood, hurting like hell and dripping blood all over the place. Confused Rockstar and I looked at each other then up to the branch. What I didn’t see what that the tree branch was covered with inch long curved thorns, one of which had torn into my finger. Rockstar kept holding his ear and saying that it got him too, I looked at his ear and there was BARELY a scratch on it, but since I caused the problem I told him that it did get him, apologized and then started walking home. My finger kept bleeding profusely and I had nothing to keep it from dripping all over the sidewalk. I saw a crumpled dirty napkin on the ground and I picked it up. Rockstar freaked out and said,

“Please don’t put that on your finger.”

I told him that to calm down and that I was just going to place it under my finger to catch the blood. We walked home and I put a band-aid on it. I am not sure if Rockstar did anything to his wounded ear. Sitting in my room the only thing I could to say was,

“Of course this would only happen to us”

We eventually did find a space that we could rent for the month of July thanks to our friend Mr. Smith.

Thursday I was driving to work in the office of my catering company. I started to drive away from my parking spot and I felt something dripping down my nose. I wiped my finger under it because I thought it was snot and I didn’t have anything in my car to wipe it with. I looked at my finger and it was covered in blood. “Not again” I thought to myself. Twice in the same week the universe has taken my life force. I reached into my bag and grabbed the napkin that I had wrapped my lunch in. I wadded it up and held it to my nose.

I was running a little bit late to my job, so I kept driving with the napkin held up to my nose. I bet the Korean’s in this town got a little freaked out.
The bleeding didn’t stop until I walked into my office. The young lady that sits by the front door asked me what happened and I explained to her my bloody problem. My nose had stopped bleeding and I threw out the napkin. Then the young lady suggested that I go check myself out in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and noticed I had dried blood all over my nose and the top on my mouth. Then I looked at my hands and saw dried blood all over them. It looked like I had just murdered someone. So, I washed my hands and cleaned up my face and went on with my day.

I haven’t had a spontaneous bloody nose in well over a decade. I don’t know what is going on. Maybe I have some sort of brain disease, or maybe because this is Southern California, it is just dry and dusty out here and I was dehydrated. I will take the words of Ralph Wiggum’s to heart to try to prevent another episode.

“The doctor said that if I kept my finger out of my nose, it wouldn’t bleed so much”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home