Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yoshinoya, Not Glad to Know Ya

I spent most of yesterday with Rockstar. He had to work in the morning, so I just did laundry and picked up my shithole of an apartment.

He got home and immediately had bad news. He lost his cell phone while working. He called it several times, but no one picked it up and no one at Warner Brothers Studio had turned it in to the lost and found.

We had planned on going to get our haircut right when he got home, but he was emailing people about his episode of Blind Date that was airing that night. So, we were running behind schedule, which I was not happy about.

About a month ago, we both catered the same event and they gave us t-shirts to wear as part of our uniform. I happened to be wearing that t-shirt to go get my haircut and Rockstar became obsessed about wearing the same t-shirt so we would look like twins. I was adamant that we don’t wear the same t-shirt so we had a three-minute argument that went exactly like this.

“Bryan, come on”

“No”

“Come on!”

“No”

“Come on, Bryan”

“No”

“Come on”

“No”

You get the idea.

He took the shirt off and then pouted for the next few minutes about us not being “haircut twins”

We both went to this Supercuts the last time we got our haircut and Rockstar was very unhappy with how the girl cut his hair. What made it worse was that he was very jealous because he thought I got an awesome haircut. When we got there he was the first to be called and the same girl that gave him the bad haircut was going to be cutting his hair again. So he asked if I could go first and they said yes. I got in the chair and proceeded to get yet another fantastic haircut. He went to a different woman and again got a haircut that he was unhappy with.

Then we went to a fast food place called Yoshinoya that specialized in Japanese bowls. In Chicago, I would go too this Japanese place that made beef and chicken bowls for lunch and I had been telling him how good they were. We walked into the restaurant and immediately were disgusted. It was filthy and looked like they had really bad food. But since we were there, we decided to try it. It might have been the worst food I have eaten in a long time. I got a beef bowl and I am not sure if the meat they gave me was beef, but it did not resemble any kind of beef that I have ever had. Rockstar got a beef and chicken combo bowl and the chicken was equally as bad. The rice was really mushy and the vegetables were way overcooked. On top of that, nothing had any flavor. It was hard to distinguish the beef from the rice and vegetables because they all tasted the same. And that was how the Yoshinoya experiment ended.

I worked the Antonio Villariagosa election party last night at a studio right near our apartments. I had to be there at 6pm, and figured that it wouldn’t last much longer than midnight. At 2:45 am, we finally called it a night. It was really long and there wasn’t much for me to do because I was a roving bar back. Just in case the bar backs assigned to the bars had too much to handle, which they didn’t. The only thing that made it fun was the guy in charge of all of the bars was really funny. He loved to say the word “fuck” and had a lot of funny things to say about how the even was handled. The best one was when he was given inventory lists for the bartenders to fill out after the event. His words about it were exactly these.

“This is about as helpful as getting a fucking blowjob while trying to hit a fucking golf ball”

But everyone got a decent tip and a little overtime, so that was much appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoshinoya is Korean food if you wanna call that vile shit food! Don't ever let a Japanese person hear you call that place Japanese theres a big difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home