Wednesday, June 08, 2005

And David Slew Goliath....

With but a single stone.


I have been in L.A. for almost one year now. In some respects I have come a long way, but in others I have not yet constructed a path to the success I seek. That may be about the change.

Last Friday I received a phone call from an agent. I mailed his agency a headshot and resume in one of the many blind mailings I have been doing over the past month. Many people I speak to say that blind mailings are a wasted of time and money. The chances that a an agency will be looking for new people, that a receptionist will open the envelope, that the same receptionist will pass on the headshot and resume to someone with power, and that the someone with power will be interested in a virtual nobody, is very low. Nevertheless, I kept the mailings up just to make myself feel better about being proactive with my career. It paid off.

He said he was very impressed with my improv training and experience and that many agents and casting directors are now looking for those people for projects. He also was very familiar with the University of Iowa, which I attended.

Long story short, he asked me to come into his office this Friday for a "chat". On the phone I think I was a babbling idiot, but he seemed to be a decent guy. I am trying not to get to excited about it, just so it would hurt less if they do not sign me. But I am very optimistic about the meeting. I have always felt that if I get a break, then I will make the most of it.

Well I just caught one.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger bck said...

hey buddy! look at that, natalie left you a lil comment! just wanna say that im so happy for you man and i know they'll sign you.. you are success waiting to happen man. i just pray you'll let me live in your garage when youre famous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home