Friday, June 17, 2005

MTV Movie Awards = AWESOME!!!

Two weekends ago, I was scheduled to work the MTV Movie awards for my catering company. Here is some interesting trivia about that day.

- I sat in the back of the auditorium and got to see almost the entire show. The only thing I did not get to see was the Foo Fighters perform at the show, but I got to see them perform 3 times during the sound check.

- My job was to pass out drinks to the front row of celebrities during the commercial breaks.

- The drink menu consisted of Coke, Diet Coke, 7Up, white wine, red wine, champagne and water.

- My row consisted of, Ben Stiller, Nicole Kidman, Dustin Hoffman and Sandra Bullock.

- I only got to see Dustin Hoffman and his wife in my row because everyone else only stayed for the first part of the show and left before the first commercial, except for Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock who never sat in their seat.

- I gave Dustin Hoffman a Diet Coke and his wife a 7Up. She didn't seem happy that I didn't put the drinks down on the small table in front of them.

- Quentin Tarantino was not in the VIP section because he was not presenting an award, nor was he nominated for one. That did not stop him from coming up to me during three breaks and taking three glasses of wine each time.

- Yes, when he first spoke to me I said "Holy Shit, you are Quentin Tarantino" inside my head. But I played it cool, real cool.

- Each time he came up to me he was more red in the face and more hoarse.

- Later in the show he went onstage with Darrell Hannah and two stunt doubles for an award for "Kill Bill Vol. 2". He seemed pretty lit, and I was proud that I helped to accomplish that.

- I gave "The Rock" a glass of water, even though he wanted something with liquor in it. He was very nice to me and seemed like a cool guy.

- A woman bumped into me and said excuse me when she turned around. It was Hillary Swank. She has an amazing body, and seemed very genuine.

- Other celebrities I saw included Lindsay Lohan, The Breakfast Club cast, members of the News Team from "The Anchorman" and Jimmy Fallon.

- Jimmy Fallon has ZERO comedic timing. His monologue was horrible and all of the other skits during the show were equally as bad. I am biased against him because I hated him on SNL also. Oh, and when I tell people this, "But he is so cute" is not a good defense for him.

- The theater that the show took place in is a LOT smaller than it looks on TV.

- I would say that the people work at the show including crew, security, technical people and catering people, outnumbered the people attending the show by a 3 to 1 margin. You would not believe how many people work at something like this.

- Almost all of the celebrities in the VIP section, which means either nominated for or presenting an award leave right after their part of the show is done, or they never come to their seats at all. Most of the time there were "seat fillers" in their seats.

- By the time I left work, the show was almost over and the VIP section was about 80% seat fillers.

- I watched the broadcast and the times when they cut to the celebrities sitting in the audience, the shot of them sitting or laughing was from a different part of the show.

- I am pretty sure the shots of Sandra Bullock in the audience was CGI. She was supposed to be in my section and I never saw her once and I could see her seat during the entire show. She was there because she presented an award, but she was never in the audience.

- I don't blame the celebrities at all. They had a nice VIP room to retire to with a full bar, tons of food, and could watch the show on monitors set up all over the place.

- I am definitely one of the shortest men in Hollywood. I was as tall as Dustin Hoffman and he was one of the people I was counting on being shorter than me.

- Sometimes living and working in Hollywood can be pretty cool.

Cliffhanger: In two days I will be working at Will Smith's house for his Father's Day party. Should be LOTS of celebrities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home