Thursday, March 24, 2005

Great Week So Far

My last day of work at the hell job was on Tuesday. I just couldn’t do it anymore. I feel like I didn’t accomplish what I set out to do, but it was really affecting my life much more so than I thought it would. The money was nice, but I am better off without it.

Every day before people can leave work, they have to get waved down by a metal detector wand. If you have a bag, you open it up, they look inside, then you hold your hands out to your sides and they give you a quick wave with the wand. Not many people knew that it was my last day. I only told my boss and he only told the few people in charge. I hate going through the “why are you leaving” story to everyone. And since I was leaving after only a month, I am sure that people would take it personally.

One of the guys he told, Sam, was the person that was examining people with the wand the day I left. I opened my bag, he looked inside and then I held my hands out to the side. I guess he thought that I was looking for a hug, because he kind of went in for one. I must have pulled back because he stopped and then held out his hand. I shook it and he wished me good luck. Lucky it was my last day or else I would have had to see that guy and wonder if he secretly wants to hug me.

I am so glad that I don’t have to go back there. But I bet you readers are happier that you don’t have to hear about the job anymore.

I had two great improv classes this week. Monday I did really well in the rookie class and Wednesday, I did really well again in the advanced tryout class. One of the guys in the advanced class came up to me during break and asked me if I wanted to perform with his group on Saturday night. My family is in town for Easter so that will be cool for them to see me in this new theater.

They are getting into town today and everyone is looking to me for an awesome time. I think everyone comes to L.A. thinking that this is the best place on the planet and that some sort of wild adventure is awaiting them. I only know the parts of L.A. that I hang out at and I don’t think my family wants to go eat take-out at the corner Chinese restaurant or go to a friend’s house and play Halo for 7 straight hours. I will have to come up with something, or this might be the last time they come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home