Tuesday, March 01, 2005

89 Days Down

I really did not want to go to bed last night. I was dreading going to work today. I have counted how many work days there are until my 31st birthday. It was 90 as of last Friday. I feel like I am serving a prison sentence. I know this is getting to sound like a broken record, but this is my life. I could have it worse though. Even though I hate my job, at least I have one.

Not much went on at work today. I actually got some stuff done and I felt like I was getting the hang of it, at least a little bit. Every one is still really nice to me, but I feel like a tourist sometimes. Wandering around lost, asking people directions, and having them speak to someone else in their native language and then give me an answer.

I did have improv class tonight, which went very well. There was a cute girl in the class, and she started to talk to me, but she didn't seem that bright and that is a big turnoff to me. Not that I am splitting atoms with my brain, but it would be nice to have someone get my jokes. Re-reading what I just wrote, I realize that I sound like an ass. Maybe I am.

I can't wait to perform. I really miss the old days in Chicago when I had so much stuff going on that I had to actually schedule time-off once in a while. With improv rehearsals, shows, sketch rehearsals, auditions, seeing shows, it can get pretty hectic, but that was what I wanted.

I have started to make some projects for myself to keep me busy. One of them is obviously this blog. The others are as follows:

1. Re-writing a sitcom pilot that my friend Patel and I wrote
2. Starting a book that is based on my move to L.A. but will change once I the character gets here because it has to have an ending.
3. I am going to submit some of my blog entries about extra work to a website for a weekly/monthly column.
4. I am writing some stand-up material because I have been considering trying that out, at least once.

So that is what I am up to at the moment.

In my DVD player is the second disc of season 1 of a show called "Dinner For Five". It is hosted by John Favreau and it is pretty simple concept. Four of his friends in the acting world have dinner and talk about their experiences in Hollywood/Acting. It gives you an inside glimpse into people who are not A-list stars, and what they go through to be an actor. Some of the guests have included Vince Vaughn, Rod Steiger, Peter Falk, Sarah Silverman, Safron Burrows, Marilyn Manson, Andy Dick and Michael Rapaport. If anyone is interested in stuff like this I highly recommend it.

1 a.m. and I am going to call it quits for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home