Saturday, March 19, 2005

Another Overheard Conversation

In my Monday improv class there is a woman named Laurie. She is a complete weirdo. Most of the time she is doing scenes, she turns the subject into something graphically sexual. It can become very uncomfortable for the people on the stage with her. Topics she has brought up during scenes include telling a couple that the reason there kid is having problems is because he is autistic and not masturbating enough, so they should encourage that. Also, she sang a song about her partner onstage with her being her brother and that their relationship is strained because he made her give him oral sex when they were kids. I think that she has some issues that she is trying to deal with on stage. Her voice is annoying as well. She is blonde and has a very high-pitched voice. Much like Marilyn Monroe or Joey Lauren Adams. So when she talks, she sounds like an airhead. I never really paid her much attention when I wasn’t on stage with her, but I overheard a conversation she was having with a new guy in our class.

Laurie: What’s your name again?

Luke: Luke Barnett.

Laurie: Barnett. Isn’t there a famous stunt man named Barnett. Maybe in your family?

Luke: I don’t know. If there is someone in my family that is famous I hope I get
to meet them.

Laurie: So, no one named Barnett is a famous stuntman?

Luke: I don’t know. Not in my family.

Laurie: Well, stunt people like to remain unknown. Could that be possible?

Luke: Could it be possible that there is a famous stuntman in my family that I
don’t know about.

Laurie: Maybe your father?

Luke: Oh, uhh I don’t know.

Laurie: You don’t know who your father is?

Luke: What?

Laurie: You never knew your father?

Luke: Uhh, no I know my father; I was saying that I don’t know if he is a famous
unknown stuntman.

Laurie: Oh.
Luke: So is there a famous stuntman whose last name is Barnett?

Laurie: I don’t know. Why?

That was the end of that conversation. Class went pretty well. I don’t think that I did very well, but I did okay. I am looking forward to my advanced class on Wednesday. Hopefully I do well there and I can move on and rehearse and perform with some other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home