Thursday, March 10, 2005

When We Practice To Deceive

I finally figured it out! I know why this job has been so difficult and no one is helping me. The guy that had the job before me did a little bit of everything. No one else in the office really knows how he did some of the stuff that he did. He had to go back to the Philippines for about 6 weeks because of a visa problem. He comes back in a couple of weeks, and I am suspecting that I will be let go upon his return. If I am doing his job, what is he going to do when he gets back? They told me that he is going to be working on some other type of project, but never told me what that project was. If he comes back, and has been doing the job I am doing for about 3 years, why would they keep me. They have started giving me potential customers to sell our stuff too. I really don’t like sales at all. I did it for about a year and a half and hated every minute of it. So if they only want me to do sales I will quit. But I think I won’t have to do that. Wait and see.

I do have an interview for a restaurant position tomorrow. The restaurant is called Fogo de Chao. I don’t know if I spelled it right. There is one in Chicago. They are building one here now. I filled out an application to be a dishwasher during late shifts. I really wanted to have a job that I could do a couple of nights a week just to make some extra money. The restaurant is in Beverly Hills and it is pretty expensive. I kind of hope that they want to make me a server because I bet you could make some really goof money, but I don’t have any experience, so that is why I applied for a dishwasher position. How hard could that be?

Friday night is also my first improv show in L.A. I am looking forward to getting back on stage. I really am not that nervous yet, I usually get nervous right before I go on. Like sick nervous. Like I could just walk-off and never come back, nervous. But it always goes away once I step foot on stage. Other than that there is not much going on here.

My family is coming in a couple of weeks and it will be good to see them. I miss them a lot and we always have a great time when we are all together. This will be my parents’ first trip to L.A. and I am curious to see what they think of it.

One last thing for today is a piece of advice. Now I know that all of you out there like technical little gadgets. And most of you don’t have that much money. But I want you all to STOP BUYING CRAP! There is a reason that a store is selling a no-name brand DVD player for $20. It sucks. This is especially for those readers out there over the age of 70. I know technology can be scary. I am not looking forward to the next fifty years and how I will fall further and further behind in my knowledge of all things technical. It has already started. I don’t know anything about MP3 or WMA or IPOD players. But I am happy in my ignorance and if some business that has one of the following words in the title “Discount, Cheap, or Rip-off” I steer clear. I urge you to do the same. Otherwise you are going to get your new gadget home, realize that is does not work and then spend the next two months dealing with companies like the one I work for trying to get it replaced or fixed. Then you will have to pay more in postage to send it in than you did to buy it in the first place. It is worth it to pay a little more and buy something from a real store, than to deal with all of the cheap crap floating onto our shores. I feel really bad when I talk to someone who bought some brand I have never heard of and they want a refund but I can’t help them. They bought it at some Discount Expo or something and that expo has moved on. So they call me to see if I can help them. Well, I can’t. Even if I want to. So save us all a little heartache and your self a big headache and put in the extra money to buy something that will last more than 1 month.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home