Saturday, March 19, 2005

New Class, Surprise Visit

My class on Wednesday went okay. It was supposed to be an advanced class, but it is a little different than that. It is basically a try-out class for people that have shown promise in the rookie classes. There were several people that I thought were pretty decent, but I still felt that there were some people that didn’t quite get it. The class itself was huge, with 22 people showing up on Wednesday. So there was not a lot of stage time. But I did okay in two games and not very good in one scene. The one scene we did was just a basic 3-person scene. I really love doing basic scenes and just seeing what you can build with your scene partners. My scene did not go very well, and I blame myself. One guy kept talking and didn’t give much space for me and the other guy. And the third guy kept just asking me questions so we didn’t make any headway in the scene. I knew this and I really didn’t do anything about it. So I was disappointed with myself.

If you are chosen to continue on from this class, which will be decided in the next couple of weeks, you are placed with 7 other people and that is your team. You rehearse with them and you perform with them all of the time. You have 3 shows a month and they are all Sat or Sunday night, which are supposed to be the theaters busy nights. I hope that I make it to the next level, because I don’t think it will be worthwhile to continue with other new people for the money that I am paying per month.

After class I drove to a Denny’s right by my place and met a friend of mine for a late meal. I met him on the set of “Drawing Blood”, an independent film that I shot right before I moved from Chicago. I really didn’t know him that well when we were shooting, but he seemed like a cool guy. He lives in Houston, TX and was in town for a few days. I was a little nervous because I don’t know him that well, but he is a really cool guy and we had a good time at Denny’s. I always like to stay in contact with people that I meet on projects because you can always count on a surprise visit every now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home