Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Tomorrow Is Another Day

I used to have a CD by Ice Cube that had a song on it titled “Today was a Good Day”. That pretty much summed up today. I started out the day at my crappy job, but somewhere along the way a feeling of peacefulness just came over me. I realized that I don’t have to work at this job any longer than I want to. That I will just keep my head down and do the job as best as I can for as long as I want. I am making good money and I can take care of some “life” stuff along the way. I just stopped caring about this job. That does not mean that I am not going to do it and do it as well as I can, but I am not going to worry about it.

I also didn’t hurt that I got my first paycheck on Friday. I am able to pay some bills that I would have had to put on my credit card, which is what I am trying to pay off. I am one of the only people in the world who like to pay bills. It’s not so much that I like paying the money, but I like the finality of it. Writing a check, mailing it and knowing that I won’t have to worry about it for another month. Somehow that makes me feel good.

I was also told about a simple opportunity at work that I can make some extra money with. Basically, one of my bosses came up to me and asked me if I ever sold anything on Ebay. The reason was that he wanted another way to move merchandise, and he didn’t really know anything about it. He wants me to place an Ebay ad for our merchandise and if I sell it, I can make a little extra money. I don’t know how much I can make, but it should be pretty simple to do, so that may speed up how long I have to work there.

On top of all of that, when I got to improv class tonight the teacher called me and the other new kid over and told us that he realizes that we are advanced for this class and that he is going to put us in higher level class for a couple of weeks to see how we work out. If we work out well, we can move up into that class and get some more opportunities to perform. He also asked us to perform in our first show in a couple of weeks. That started the night off pretty well.

Then I saw an ad in the window for some sort of Stand-up troupe. I think it is a class and they have performances at the same theater. I am going to give the people a call and see if I really have what it takes to do stand-up.

If that wasn’t enough, at the end of class he was asking some of the students in our class if they were available for a show on Friday. A couple of them were not, so he asked me and the other advanced guy if we were available. Normally, I don’t get out of work until 6pm, and the call is 6:30, so there is no way that I can make it, but on Friday’s we get out at 4:30 so I told him I could be there.

So this Friday will be my first performance in Los Angeles. I feel a lot better about life right now, just had to go through an adjustment period. But I need to give a big thank you to all of the people that have called or emailed over the last week. They were all just checking in on me to make sure I was doing okay. Thanks to all of them, I am.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger bck said...

thats so great bryan. you deserve good things like this to happen for you. congratulations buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home