Monday, October 17, 2005

Evening Alone

I have been so busy lately that I forgot how relaxing a night at home can be. Tonight was on of those rare nights that I got to do that and I am loving every minute of it.

I have begun working in the catering office full time now. They did not hire me as a full time employee, with benefits and everything, but at least I have a set schedule and can have a night or two like tonight every now and then.

Improv continues to go very well with both Improv Olympic and LA Connection Comedy theater.

But the newest thing is that I am writing a sketch comedy show with two friends of mine that recently moved out from Chicago. Both of them are friends of mine from Improv Olympic in Chicago. We had begun emailing each other in January about them moving out here and that we should work together on something that could be very creative and also something that we could sell ourselves in. As soon as they moved out here we began writing and working on our show idea.

We call ourselves, The 25th Century Heroes. Together our designations are 001, 002 and 003. It doesn't make much sense unless I go into detail about why we call ourselves that, but 002 and 003 and I are extremely happy with the way things are going. We have submitted to Sketchfest 2006 in Chicago this January and hopefully will have a complete show in the spring. Needless to say they have given me a much needed shot of creative energy.

Other than that most of my time is spent in the office, class, rehearsal, performing or some other task related to one of those things. That is why I have been so busy.

But I have some ideas for blog entries, so I will keep up to date with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home