Tuesday, August 16, 2005

At Least It's Something

I received a call last week from the agency that I read for and didn’t do that well. I had sent them a thank you note and wrote that I would still like to have a meeting with them since I haven’t met anyone from the agency. They wanted me to come in for a meeting and have a chat.

Having spit shined my shoes and put a fresh coat of pomade in my hair, I went to see them.

It started out in a very “Bryan” way.

The woman that I was meeting with asked me to sit down in her office and she was going to get my file. She looked and looked and couldn’t find it. This was the second file to have been lost by this agency. I was not getting a good feeling. She got up to go look in a different office and some stuff on top of her computer started to slide off. Like a gentleman, I stood up to grab it before it fell.

The type of chairs she had in her office were kind of like leather director’s chairs. They had the seat, which was just a piece of leather stretched between the metal bars, then there was not seat from my butt until the middle of my back. The back of the chair was a piece of material stretched across the bars vertical to the floor only touching my shoulders and going to the middle of my back. So there is no material in the small of my back.

When I stood up, the back of my belt caught on the bottom part of the chair back. Thus, the chair lifted off of the floor when I stood up, causing me to stumble a bit. The chair was at an odd angle so when I sat back down to unhook my belt, the chair slid out from under me a little bit. I didn’t fall, thank God, but I came close.

They didn’t have my file, and so I had to, yet again, fill out an information sheet. She told me that she remembered the comments that the guy I read for wrote down and that they were “fantastic”. I didn’t tell her what really happened. She gave me a bunch of information on the agency and then said, “Welcome aboard”. That was that. I was signed with that agency for theatrical representation.

I am not really sure how I feel about them. But, the agreement I signed is non-exclusive, so I can work with someone else, should that opportunity arise.

I guess with the television season just about the start, it is good to have representation.

Time will only tell.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That was a very precise and easy-to-follow description of the incident with the chair and your belt. I could picture it as well as how frustrated you must have been in the office that day. Perhaps you should consider writing in addition to acting...

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Clio said...

I wish I had the courage to chase my LA dreams.
Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home