Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I laughed so hard

I was doing laundry tonight, when I discovered that I was 1 quarter short to dry my last load. I keep quarters in my car for meters so I went out to my car in the lot next door to get one.

As I approached my car I heard voices in an apartment above me. I don't know why but I stopped right by my drivers side door and turned to look where the voices came from. I was standing there turned to my left and looking at the 2nd floor of the apartment building. I guess I kind of zoned out and must have been there staring motionless for a few seconds, when all of a sudden I heard automatic locks click. I looked at the passenger side window of the car parked next to mine and there was a person sitting there looking at me. It is dark in the lot so I couldn't see what they looked like, and they in turn couldn't see what I looked like. So from their point of view, some strange guy walked up near their window and began staring at them. Probably freaked them out a bit. I got spooked when the locks were clicked and I knew I probably scared them, so I gave them a good natured wave and walked back inside my apartment laughing at the ridiculousness of the the situation. Then I realized that I hadn't gotten the quarter out of my car. If I had opened my car door, it probably would have calmed them down a bit. But I didn't. Cause I am an idiot. So I just spent 10 minutes looking for 1 quarter in my apartment. I found one in the bottom of my bag, thank God.

But I can't go back outside until morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home