Friday, March 03, 2006

The Headshot Saga, Part II

The last time we left our hero, I had just been given the selection of two headshots that my agents liked. Now he had to get them reproduced. My incredibly kind girlfriend told me about a reproduction house that was 2/3 cheaper than the one I usually used. Being a cost conscience individual, I brought over the disc with the selections on them for me girlfriend to take a look at and alter if needed. I have dark circles under my eyes, thanks to my fathers genes. She was able to erase them on her computer and make me look young again. Then she noticed that the photos were very yellowish, so she altered that as well, and I was finally excited to get them reproduced.

We took them to the reproduction house and gave them to the lady to take a look at. She printed out some quick proofs and came over to me looking concerned. I wasn't worried because everything else had been easy, so this should be as well, right?

Wrong!

She came over and said that the color was all screwed up, that it was too blue and that my hair looked really read around my hair line. I asked what could do that and she replied that the photographer might have altered some of the color, or that the light might not have been right and that is why my hair looked weird.

So I did not leave them to be reproduced. Instead, my lovely girlfriend The Hoya took the files and left the color alone, but tried to make my hairline less red. It might have had something to do with the dye I used to color in my grey hair. Yes, I am graying, so what?!

So she fixed that and then I took them back. The printed off the proofs and they looked alright and I finally got my new headshots almost two months after I had them taken.

The better be worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home