Wednesday, February 01, 2006

25th Century Heroes

For the past four months I have been working on a show with two of my friends that moved out here last summer. I knew Alonzo and Buddy from Chicago where we all went through Improv Olympic together. I was very excited when I first heard that they were moving out here, because I had been itching to get something going myself to perform around town.

January 13, 2006 we made our debut at the Chicago Sketchfest.

We are the "25th Century Heroes"!!!

This is something that we are planning on doing for a long time. We are working on a website and videos and lots of other fun stuff.

The months leading up to our show were very, very hectic. It is always tough to write a show from scratch and get it ready to perform, but it was even more difficult because it was during the holidays.

But we prevailed.

Chicago was great. The Hoya and I flew in Wed night and then hung out with my sister. Thursday was a day of rest and watching shows and then Friday was the big day of our show.

The 25th Century Heroes is a theme that we have created so we can do something different than other sketch comedy teams. The three of us are from the future sent back to the present to observe humanity. We just wanted a way for us to have a show that just wasn't 10 funny scenes that had nothing to do with each other. People seemed to like the show and we got very positive feedback from everyone that we spoke with.

The Hoya was a valuable ally to the Heroes. She designed buttons that were a hit, she has designed merchandise that is available to purchase, and she sat in on our tech rehearsal and helped us to make the show look good. So the Heroes owe her a big thank you!

Expect more updates on the Heroes very soon. I am very proud of this and will continue to have fun stuff to show you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home