Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Indebted to my sister

I join the Screen Actors Guild on December 14, 2004. According to the literature that they provided me, I am now part of the most prestigious performing union in the world. The good news is that I can be taken seriously as an actor and that I am pursuing something more meaningful than just doing extra work. The bad news is that until I get an agent or manager, I have to find some other means of making money. I am not looking forward to working in an office again, but a man’s gotta do, what a man’s gotta do.

Joining the union is an important step in my career and one of the first hurdles that I have overcome while being out here. I am pretty proud of myself for getting in the union within six months of moving here. There are people who have been here for years and have not been eligible to join.

I should point out that my sister is the one who gave me the opportunity to get into the union. She works with a woman whose niece is an assistant director on Desperate Housewives. The niece was the one who paved the way for me to join. I owe both of them a lot, and I know my sister will bring it up for the rest of my life. But that is a small price to pay. So thank you sis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home